Table of Contents
What is video conferencing and examples
Video conferencing software is software that allows two or more people to emulate a person-to-person meeting over the internet using real-time, multidirectional video and audio streaming.
Video conferencing is a live video-based meeting between two or more people in different locations using video-enabled devices. Video conferencing allows multiple people to meet and collaborate face to face long distance by transmitting audio, video, text and presentations in real time through the internet.
The Best Video Conferencing Software For Education list
- Google meet
Google Meet is a video communication service developed by Google. It is one of two apps that make up/be equal to the replacement for Google Hangouts, the other being Google Talk/discussion. It replaced the consumer-facing Google Duo in late 2022, with the Duo mobile app being renamed Meet and the original Meet app set to be phased out.
Platform: Android , android TV, chromeOS , fuchsia
Predecessor: google duo (google hangouts)
Features–Features of Google Meet include;
1.Easy to Use: Google Meet is simple to use on your computer, tablet, or phone.
2. See and Talk: You can see and talk to your teacher and friends like a video call.
3. Share Your Screen: You can show your drawings or school projects to everyone by sharing your computer screen.
4. Safe and Private: Only the people you invite can join the meeting, so it’s safe to use.
5.Big or Small Meetings: You can have big group meetings with lots of people or small meetings with just a few friends.
6. Learn from Home: You can use Google Meet to learn from home and see your teacher’s lessons.
7. Keep Connected: Even if you can’t be together, it’s a terrific way to stay in touch with friends and classmates.
8. Features of Talk with Fun Meetings can be made more entertaining by utilizing amusing tools like filters and emojis.
9. No Travel Required: You may meet virtually from anywhere, eliminating the need for travel.
10. Ask inquiries: Just like in class, you can ask questions and chat with your teacher or friends.
Each tool offers unique benefits to students and educators, making online teaching and learning a breeze.
Google Meet also supports real-time captioning and visual aids, making online classes more accessible for students with disabilities.
Zoho Meeting is a secure online meeting platform and webinar solution that helps people find new ways to work together and work remotely with effectiveness. Improve your remote working together/team effort experience today with our highly secure online meeting software.
- Zoho Meeting is advertised as a secure online meeting platform.
- Simple to use and easily understandable .
- Industrial standard security.
- Enterprise level experience for all.
- Zoho Meeting is advertised as a secure online meeting platform.
- Interactive web meeting tools.
- affordable , no hidden pricing structure.
Features of zoho meetings
- Easy Online Meetings: Zoho Meeting helps you have meetings with people online using your computer or phone.
- See and Talk: You can see and talk to people on your computer screen, just like talking on a video call.
- Share Your Screen: You can show things on your computer to everyone in the meeting, like pictures or schoolwork.
- Safe and Private: Zoho Meeting makes sure only the people you invite can join the meeting, so it’s safe and private.
- Great for Learning: You can use Zoho Meeting to learn new things and have lessons with your teacher, even when you’re not at school.
- Ask Questions: You can ask questions and talk to people during the meeting, just like in a real classroom.
- Works on Different Devices: You can use Zoho Meeting on a computer, tablet, or phone, so you can join from wherever you are.
- No Need to Travel: You don’t have to go anywhere because you can have meetings and learn from your own home.
- Fun Features: Sometimes, you can use fun things like stickers and emojis to make the meetings more enjoyable.
- Stay Connected: Zoho Meeting helps you stay connected with people, have important discussions, and continue learning, even when you can’t meet in person.
GoTo Meeting is a web conferencing software by GoTo. It is an online meeting, desktop sharing, and video conferencing software package that enables the user to meet with other computer users, customers, clients, or colleagues via the Internet in real time.
Developer : GoTo, citrix systems, citrix online
Parent company: GoTo
GoTo Meeting is designed to broadcast the desktop view of a host computer to a group of computers connected to the host through the Internet.
Security: Transmissions are protected with high-security (turning messages into secret code) and optional passwords. By combining a web-hosted subscription service with software installed on the host computer, transmissions can be passed through highly (serving to severely limit or control) firewalls.
Zoom is a private (or unique) videotelephony software program developed by Zoom Video Communications. The free plan allows up to 100 (happening at the same time) people (who were part of a study, etc.), with a 40-minute time restriction. Users have the option to upgrade by subscribing to a paid plan.
Developer : zoom video communication, qumu corporation
Platform: Microsoft windows, macOS, Android, iOS, chromeOS
Zoom One has six levels: Basic, Pro, Business, Business Plus, Business/project, and Business/project Plus. Zoom is compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, ChromeOS, and Linux. It is noted for its simple (connecting point/way of interacting with something) and usability, (without any concern about/having nothing to do with) (related to computers and science) (ability to do things very well)
Features of zoom
- include one-on-one meetings,
- group video (meetings to discuss things/meetings together)
- screen sharing,
- browser extensions, and
- the ability to record meetings and have them automatically wrote/written down (what someone said)
some computers and operating systems, users can select a virtual background, which can be downloaded from different places/locations, to use as a background behind themselves
Use of this platform is free for video (meetings to discuss things/meetings together) of up to 100 people (who were part of a study, etc.) at once, with a 40-minute time limit. There is a 10-minute timeout period between free 40-minute meetings. For longer or larger (meetings to discuss things/meetings together) with more features, paid subscriptions are available. Features geared towards business (meetings to discuss things/meetings together), such as Zoom Rooms, are also available.
Zoom security features
Zoom security features include password-protected meetings, user authentication, waiting rooms, locked meetings, disabling participant screen sharing, randomly generated IDs, and the ability for the host to remove disruptive attendees.
In October 2020, Zoom added end-to-end encryption for free and paid users. It is available on all platforms, except for the official Zoom web client.
Usage of zoom
Staying in touch with friends, family, instructors, and coworkers in today’s society is crucial, regardless of how far away they may be. When that happens, Zoom steps in! Zoom is a unique computer tool that facilitates simple video chats with others. Let’s examine Zoom’s functionality and benefits.
- zoom is like a magical window on your computer, tablet, or phone. When you open it, you can invite people to join your “meeting” just like inviting friends over. You pick a time and send them a special link. When they click on the link, they can see and talk to you, and you can see and talk to them.
2. Seeing and Talking: In a Zoom meeting, you’ll see little squares on your screen with the faces of the people you’re talking to. These are called “video squares.”
3. Sharing Cool Stuff:You might occasionally want to present a painting, a project, or even a humorous cat video to your peers or your teacher. Zoom enables you to show everyone in the conference your computer screen so they can see what you’re talking about.
4. Fun Features:Zoom is not just about talking; it’s also fun! You can use “reactions” like giving a thumbs up or clapping your hands to show you like something. There are also “filters” that can turn you into a funny character or give you a cool background. These things make Zoom even more exciting!
5. Staying Safe:Zoom is a safe place to meet, but you should be careful. Only invite people you know to your Zoom meetings. Don’t share your Zoom link with strangers. Just like you wouldn’t let a stranger into your house, don’t let them into your Zoom meeting.
6. Learning and Working:Zoom isn’t just for chatting; it’s also great for learning and working. Teachers use Zoom to teach lessons to students, even when they can’t be in the same classroom. Grown-ups use Zoom for work meetings to talk about important things with their colleagues.
7.Bringing People Together
Skype is a private (related to sending and receiving phone calls, texts, etc.) computer program operated by Skype Technologies, a division of Microsoft, best known for VoIP-based video telephony, videoconferencing and voice calls. It also has instant messaging, file transfer (from one place to another), debit-based calls to landline and mobile telephones, and other features
Developer : Skype communication S.a.r.i., Microsoft corporation, eBay
Skype ID and may be listed in the Skype directory under a Skype username. Skype allows these registered users to communicate through both instant messaging and voice talk/discussion. Voice talk/discussion allows telephone calls between pairs of users and (meeting to discuss things/meeting together) calling and uses private (or unique) sound codec. Skype’s text chat client allows group talks/discussions, emoticons, storing chat history, and editing of previous messages. Offline messages were put into use in a beta build of version 5 but removed after a few weeks without notice/communication. The usual features familiar to instant messaging users–user profiles, online status indicators, and so on–are also included.
skype supports conference calls, video chats, and screen sharing between 25 people at a time for free, which then increased to 50 on 5 April 2019.
In 2019, Skype added an option to blur the background in a video chat interface using AI algorithms purely done using software, despite a depth-sensing camera not being present in most webcams.
In 2023, Skype added the Bing AI chatbot to the platform for users who had access to the chatbot
Skype was claimed initially to be a secure communication, with one of its early web pages stating “highly secure with end-to-end encryption”. Security services were invisible to the user, and encryption cannot be disabled. Skype claims to use publicly documented, widely trusted encryption techniques for Skype-to-Skype communication: RSA for key negotiation and the advanced encryption standard to encrypt conversations.
In conclusion there isn’t a one size fits all answer when it comes to choosing the video conferencing software for education. The decision should be based on the needs of the institution, financial limitations and the level of technical expertise available. It’s also important to prioritize privacy and security measures, particularly when handling student data. To make a choice institutions and educators should thoroughly assess each platforms features, compatibility, with existing systems and user friendliness. Additionally regularly reevaluating software options as technology advances and new features become available is vital to ensure the learning experience, for both educators and students.
People also ask:
What is video conferencing software, for education and why is it important?
Video conferencing software designed for education is a tool that enables teachers and students to connect and collaborate remotely through video and audio communication. Its significance lies in its ability to facilitate classes, virtual meetings and enhance remote learning experiences.
What features should I consider when selecting video conferencing software for purposes?
When choosing video conferencing software for education look for features such as screen sharing, breakout rooms, chat functionality, recording options, virtual whiteboards and integration with learning management systems (LMS). These features can greatly enhance the learning experience.
Which video conferencing software is recommended for educators and students?
The best choice of video conferencing software for educators and students may vary depending on needs and preferences. Popular options include Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet and Cisco Webex. Assess your requirements carefully to select the one that aligns best with your goals.
Are there any video conferencing solutions for educational purposes?
Absolutely! Many video conferencing tools offer plans with features that can be highly suitable for educational use. For instance Zoom, Google Meet and Microsoft Teams provide versions, with capabilities.However opting for paid plans usually offers functionalities and improved assistance.
Are there any security worries when using video conferencing software, for purposes?
Security is an aspect to consider. To bolster security measures software that provides encryption, password protection, waiting rooms and moderation controls. Educators should also educate students about practicing behavior.