Notion is a productivity software that helps you keep track of tasks, projects and store online documents. It offers the convenience of organizing your information by dates through its calendar feature. In this article, we will guide you on how to create a Notion calendar and provide instructions on customizing it and exploring different views when using Notion on your desktop.
How do I make a calendar in Notion?
To create a calendar view for an existing table in Notion, follow these steps;
- Open Notion and navigate to the table where you want to add the calendar.
- In the lower left corner, click on “+ New Page.”
- From the menu options, select “Calendar.”
- Choose “+ New Database” to insert a complete calendar.
- Now you will have a comprehensive view of your calendar.
Additionally, if you want to convert a table into a calendar, follow these instructions;
7. Click on the three dot icon located on the top right corner of your table’s title.
8. From the drop down menu, select “Layout.”
9. In the layout options, choose the “Calendar” view.
10. Your tasks will now be displayed in your calendar based on their respective dates.
These steps will help you create a convenient and organized calendar view for your Notion tables.
How to Make a Weekly Calendar in Notion?
To create a planner template that combines the board and calendar view follow these steps;
- Open. Go to the “board” database view, by typing “/board” in the search bar.
- Select “Card 1”. Locate the “Status” option.
- Click on “Edit Property.”
- Change the property type from “Select”, to “Multi select” by selecting “Select” and then choosing “Multi select.”
- Enter all the days of the week by clicking on the field to “Status.”
- To remove the default options like “Not started,” “In progress,” and “Completed,” simply click on each of them, then click on the three dot icon that appears and choose “Delete” > “Remove.”
- To show the day, click on “Status” and input “Day,” followed by selecting “Multi select” > “Select.”
- If there is any pre filled information, click on the three dots next to it and select Delete.
- Enter your desired days of the week. Afterwards, you can use the three dot icon to assign different colors to them.
- To convert a column from being assigned to a person to being a date column instead, click on “Assign” > “Person” > “Date.”
- Click on the empty field located at the right side of the word Assign and choose a date.
- Lastly, input your desired text in the field labeled as “Assign,” such as Week Beginning.
Step 1: Sign in to Notion
If you haven’t already, sign in to your Notion account. If you don’t have an account, you can easily create one by visiting [Notion’s website](https://www.notion.so/).
Step 2: Create a New Page
Once you’re logged in, click on the “+ New” button located at the bottom-left corner of your Notion dashboard. Choose “Page” to create a new page where your calendar will reside.
Step 3: Choose a Calendar Template
Notion offers a variety of templates for different purposes. To create a calendar, you can start from scratch or use a template to save time. To find a template, click “Templates” at the top-right corner of the page and search for “Calendar.” You can choose from daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly calendar templates.
Step 4: Customize Your Calendar
Once you’ve selected a template, it will be added to your new page. You can now customize it to suit your needs. To add or edit events, simply click on a date or time slot and start typing. You can add event names, descriptions, and even set reminders.
Step 5: Use Properties and Filters
Notion allows you to add properties to your calendar entries. This is particularly useful for categorizing events, assigning them to specific projects, or setting priorities. To add properties, click on “Add a property” in the calendar view and define the properties you need.
You can also use filters to sort and view your calendar entries based on specific criteria. To create filters, click on “Filter” in the calendar view and set your desired conditions.
Step 6: Sync with Google Calendar (Optional)
If you want to keep your Notion calendar in sync with your Google Calendar, you can do so by integrating the two. To set up this integration, go to your Notion settings, click on “Integrations,” and follow the instructions to connect your Google Calendar.
Step 7: Share Your Calendar
Sharing your calendar with others is easy in Notion. Click on the “Share” button at the top-right corner of your page, adjust the sharing settings, and generate a shareable link or invite specific collaborators.
Step 8: Add Reminders and Notifications
To ensure you never miss an important event or task, you can set up reminders and notifications in Notion. Click on an event, go to the “Reminders” section, and configure when and how you want to be reminded.
Step 9: Access Your Calendar on Mobile
Notion has mobile apps available for iOS and Android devices. Download the app, sign in with your Notion account, and you’ll have access to your calendar on the go.
Step 10: Stay Organized and Updated
Regularly update your Notion calendar to stay organized and on top of your tasks and events. Adjust your calendar entries, properties, and filters as your needs evolve.
How to Delete a Calendar in Notion
If you ever need to delete a calendar in Notion due to a mistake, you have the option to do so. Here’s what you can do;
1. Open Notion and go to the page where your calendar is located.
2. Look for the three dot icon and click on it.
3. From the options that appear, select “Delete View.”
How to Add a Calendar to an Existing Page
To add a calendar to a page, follow these steps;
1. Open the Notion page where you want the calendar to be inserted.
2. Click on the insert text option and type “/calendar”.
3. Choose one of the available options on the right side.
Creating a calendar in Notion is a fantastic way to stay organized and manage your time effectively. With its customizable templates, properties, and integration options, Notion provides a flexible and powerful platform for managing your schedule. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can set up a personalized calendar that suits your unique needs and preferences.
Here are the answers to more of your questions about Notion calendars.
How Do You Create a Calendar View in Notion?
To create a calendar view of an existing Notion table:
1. Launch Notion and go to the table you wish to create the calendar view.
2. Ensure your table has at least one date column.
3. Click on the “Add a view” button on the top-left of your table’s title.
4. From the view menu, enter the name of your view.
5. Select the “Calendar” view option.
6. Then click on the “Create” button.
· Your calendar view will display your tasks by date.
You can customize your Notion calendar in the following ways:
By Editing Properties
To define your calendar, you can use as many properties as you wish to display the information you require and provide context:
1. Add a new card to your calendar and click on “+ Add a property” from the page that opens. Or, from the top of your calendar, click on “Properties” > “+ Add a property.”
2. Name the property and choose its type via the “Property Type” menu.
3. To remove or copy a property, to the left of it in the “Properties” menu, click on the **⋮⋮** icon for the property options.
By Moving and Stretching Cards
You can rearrange the cards on your calendar by dragging and dropping:
· Select and long-press any card to drag and drop to any day on your calendar.
· To span a card over several days:
1. Hover over its right or left edge.
2. Then click and drag it in either direction to expand it.
By Displaying, Hiding, and Ordering Properties
You can decide which properties you wish to display on your calendar cards. E.g., type of assignment or priority status etc.:
· Select “Properties,” then click on the switches beside the properties in your database to hide or display them.
· Use the **⋮⋮** icon to rearrange the order the properties display on your calendar cards by dragging them up or down the “Properties” menu.
How Do You Add an Event to a Calendar in Notion?
You can add a new card for an event to your calendar in the following ways:
• To create a new event on a particular day, hover your mouse over the day, then click on the “+” that appears.
• To create a new card on the day[s] you’ve specified via the date property your calendar uses, click on the “New” button from the top-right.
• You can span an event over more than one day by hovering over the right or left edge of the card, then drag to expand in the required direction.
How Do You Edit a Calendar Entry in Notion?
To edit a calendar entry:
1. Select the entry you wish to edit from the calendar view.
2. The Notion page for the entry will display.
3. Make your changes; they will be saved automatically.
How Do You Edit a Calendar View in Notion?
To create a different view of your calendar:
1. Launch Notion and access your Calendar.
2. Click on the “Add a View” option from the top left of the calendar.
3. Select the view you want from the drop-down list of options.
4. Give your new view a name, then hit “Create.”
To create views showing the different filters applied to your calendar:
1. From the “Content Calendar” page.
2. Click on the downward pointing arrow next to your newly created calendar view.
3. Select “Add a View” > “Calendar,” then enter its name and “Create.”
4. Select the “Filter” option from the “Properties” options towards the right.
5. Click on “Add Filter.”
6. Click on the “Name” downward pointing arrow to select the filter name.
7. Then click on the “Select an Option” downward pointing arrow to select the filter option.
To switch between your different calendar views, click on the downward pointing arrow just above your calendars on the left for the “View menu.”
Productivity Increase With Notion Calendars
The Notion application offers project management features like databases, Kanban boards, calendars, etc., to help with productivity and knowledge management. The calendars useful for a birds-eye-overview of your timelines for launches, projects, and all your important dates.
Now that we’ve shown you how to create a Notion calendar, customize it, and set up different calendar views, has using the calendar helped to improve your productivity? What do you like and dislike about Notion calendars? We’d love to hear about your experience using Notion; let us know in the comments section below.